The Rouleur Rest Day QuizFor those of you with Tour withdrawal on the second Rest Day - ten taxing questions on Tours de France past and present...
1. Alongside stage 14 winner Rafal Majka, who is the only Polish rider to ever win a Tour de France stage?
2. Complete this sequence of the 2014 Tour de France climb-top finishes: Planche des Belles Filles, Chamrousse, Risoul, __________, Hautacam.
Col de Val Louron
Plateau de Bonsacre
3. If Romain Bardet maintains his current overall placing till Paris, he will be the first Frenchman to finish in the Tour top three since…
4. Which manufacturer provides bicycles for Team Katusha?
5. Which rider was first over the Col d’Izoard on stage 14, winning the Souvenir Henri Desgrange for leading over the highest point of the Tour?
Alessandro De Marchi
6. Which rider was forced to stop to use the bathroom of a fan’s campervan on stage 14’s descent of the Col de Lautaret?
7. Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Sharp) narrowly avoided being time cut after a long, lone battle off the back on stage 11. Where did the stage finish?
8. For which team did Vincenzo Nibali turn professional?
9. Twelfth overall on the 2014 Tour’s second rest day, Haimar Zubeldia (Trek Factory Racing) is on the verge of another top-ten finish. How many times has the Spaniard finished there previously?
10. Which of these Italian stars has not won the Tour de France?
Question 1: The correct answer is the Zenon Jaskula.
Question 2: The correct answer is Pla d’Adet.
Question 3: The correct answer is Richard Virenque.
Question 4: The correct answer is Canyon.
Question 5: The correct answer is Joaquim Rodriguez.
Question 6: The correct answer is Arnaud Démare.
Question 7: The correct answer is Oyonnax.
Question 8: The correct answer is Fassa Bortolo.
Question 9: The correct answer is Four.
Question 10: The correct answer is Fiorenzo Magni.
You answered them all right!