The Rouleur Quiz - 11/7/2014Were you paying attention in the first week of the 2014 Tour de France? Take our quiz and find out.
1. Who replaced the injured Michael Matthews in the Orica-GreenEdge team on the eve of the 2014 Tour de France?
2. Who was the first wearer of the King of the Mountains jersey in this year’s race?
Luis Angel Mate
3. Lars Boom won stage five to Arenberg Porte du Hainaut over the cobbles. But who was the last Dutchman before him to win a Tour de France stage?
4. Which WorldTour team races with Lazer helmets?
5. As we went to press on the morning of stage 7, which is the only team yet to register a Tour de France top ten stage finish?
6. When was the last year that André Greipel failed to win a Grand Tour stage?
7. Chris Froome abandoned the Tour on stage five. Who was the last Tour de France champion to quit the race when defending his title?
8. He was born in 1992, he’s an Olympic medallist and he has been mixing it in the Tour’s bunch sprints. Who is he?
Danny Van Poppel
9. Where is the Grand Départ of the 2015 Tour de France?
10. Complete the sequence of Tour de France stage runners-up: Sagan, _____, Sagan, Kristoff, Fuglsang, Kristoff.
Greg Van Avermaet
Question 1: The correct answer is the Christian Meier.
Question 2: The correct answer is Jens Voigt.
Question 3: The correct answer is Pieter Weening.
Question 4: The correct answer is Lotto-Belisol.
Question 5: The correct answer is NetApp-Endura.
Question 6: The correct answer is 2007.
Question 7: The correct answer is Bernard Hinault.
Question 8: The correct answer is Bryan Coquard.
Question 9: The correct answer is Utrecht.
Question 10: The correct answer is Greg Van Avermaet.
You answered them all right!